Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Nectarine



Oil on gessoed paper, 3.5x3.75"

So we made the move to Minnesota, of course. With all the excitement of moving into a new house, starting a new job, and getting settled in, there has been almost no time for painting. But I did manage to sit down the other day in my new studio with my brushes and a nectarine to do some work. After a few months away from painting, I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I hadn't forgotten everything I've learned.

As if moving halfway across the country and starting a job weren't enough, Laura and I decided to adopt a puppy! We've been debating about this for, well, always. And a sweet, fuzzy, one year old cockapoo was offered to us free of charge. We weren't sure about it, but after puppysitting him for a weekend we found that he had suckered us in. So we kept him. He's housebroken, which is wonderful. And he loves attention, which I don't think will make it very easy to increase the time I get to spend painting. But he's a sweetheart and we are so thankful to have the little furball.

So I present to you, Hero the Cockapoo.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Nice to see your paintings Dan. I am in contact with your lovely Wife, looking at her blog everyday. I don't know if she has mentioned me or my artwork, in any case, you are invited to look and comment if you wish. My blogspot name is: http://www.robertjglassart.blogspot.com I think. if this doesn't get you there, have L bring it up and you can copy and paste it to your search thingy. I've enjoyed looking at your blogsite. You have an advantage as it seems you paint strictly inside, as I have chosen to paint almost entirely outside...in Michigan! That puts a damper on painting in the next few months, although I know other plein air painters that do paint every week in their snowmobile suits. Personally, I think that is idiotic, but more power to them. Bob