Saturday, August 18, 2007

Not Yet Guacamole


Oil on canvas panel, 6x6", NFS

My fiancée and I love the avocados. They are the perfect addition to a sandwich, and nothing tops a tortilla chip better than guacamole! But it's actually a rather funny looking fruit, kind of shiny but all lumpy and bumpy at the same time. Because of this texture I thought it would be interesting to make a painting of an avocado. I started this a couple nights ago, but it was getting late and I was getting frustrated. When I came back to it this morning, I found that I was actually pretty pleased with what I had done thus far so I just darkened some darks and lightened some lights and decided it was time for guacamole.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this one came out SO good! I love the texture. I wish you weren't so busy - I'm curious to know what will catch your eye next!