Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Prosperity


Oil on gessobord, 7x5"

After Christmas break, one of the students that I have worked with for the last couple years brought a gift for me from Malaysia, where his parents live. The gift was three statuettes, representing Luck, Long Life, and Prosperity. Since then I've been itching to paint them. I started this one a couple weeks ago, and built up several layers of paint to bring out the shadows and highlights. Hopefully it won't be too long before I paint the other two.

My wife and I are leaving Thursday for Minnesota! The apartment is a maze of boxes and assorted treasures that we have collected over the years and there is a still a lot of packing left to be done. We arrive at our new house on Saturday. Of course, this means that it could be a while before we get settled in enough for me to get back to painting and posting on the blog. We are making one detour on our trip: As we pass through Ohio we'll head down to Cincinnati to see my painting in the show at Manifest Gallery. Should be fun.

No comments: