Friday, May 23, 2008

Magnitude 7 show


Oil on masonite, 6x6"

The astute blog reader will notice that this painting was posted way back on August 10 of last year. So why is it up again? I am shipping this one off to Ohio this weekend. The Manifest Gallery in Cincinnati is hosting their annual Magnitude 7 show. This is a juried show of works that measure 7" or less in any dimension. Since many of the paintings I've been doing lately fit that criterion, I decided to submit a few pieces. Much to my delight, this one made the cut. Since the piece had been sold a couple months ago, I had to get permission from the owner before submitting it, but she was excited about the possibility of having her painting shown. So I framed it in a wide black frame and now it's ready to go.

I must confess, I'm feeling pretty proud about getting accepted into this show. They had about 550 pieces submitted from the US and abroad, but only 51 pieces will be shown. So that's pretty tough odds. The show will run from June 6 through July 3 if anyone happens to be in the Cincinnati area next month.

No comments: